“Spring is in the air, everywhere we look around!” OK, so spring hasn’t officially sprung just yet, but it’s only a few weeks away and we can’t wait for it to fully descend on our forests!
Go Ape is officially back open for monkey business after a winter of partial-hibernation. This is just one of the many reasons why we love spring! We get to swing with you lovely lot again, monkeying around in our favourite place in the world: the treetops. What can we say… the season puts a spring in our steps (get it?)!
Spring has its way of letting us know that it’s coming. We start to see signs of spring well before it begins. In fact, we don’t just see signs of spring; we hear them, smell them and feel them! Spring is a true feast for the senses! Here’s what we’ve been noticing as we go about our day-to-day endeavours.
How many have you spotted so far…?
1. Bright, yellow daffodils starting to bloom; each flower atiny ray of sunshine.
2. Busy bees going about their daily business.
3. Rooks gathering materials to build treetop nests.
4. Birds singing their sweet songs.
5. Hares hopping from here to there.
6. Buzzards gliding and swooping in the sky.
7. Snowdrops dotting the woodland floor.
8. Baby lambs bouncing around in the fields.
9. The whiff of wild garlic.
10. Cherry blossoms…blossoming!
If you haven’t picked up on many of these signs just yet, then we think a trip to the forest is in order! In fact, if you head up into the forest canopy and embark on a Tree Top Adventure, chances are you’ll notice multiple signs of spring in one sitting! You’ll hear the birds, see the daffodils, and may even smell the garlic as you whoosh through the air via zip wire!
Or, you could always immerse yourself in spring by rolling around the forest how about that? Not literally rolling around, of course. You’ll be perched on top one of our self-balancing, all-terrain Segways, which will transport you off the beaten track with your tribe for an hour of exploration! If you’ve been ‘umming’ and ‘ahhing’ about what to do this weekend, round-up the tribe and Go Ape!