With summer officially done and dusted, and autumn in full swing, and we’ve changed our clocks back to Greenwich Mean Time after putting them forward an hour for Daylight Saving Time back in March.
Much of our intelligent tech would have changed the clocks automatically, but you’ll need to do it on things like analogue wristwatches and alarm clocks, or the clocks in your car (if it’s older), on your oven and microwave.
Make the most of that hour!
For us, one of the very best things about the clocks going back is that we get a whole extra hour to enjoy on Sunday morning! Do we remain cocooned in our duvets and sleep the entire 60 minutes away? No, we do not!
If you want to make the most of that whole, extra hour, here’s a list of 20 things you can do (we don’t expect you to attempt all of them, unless you fancy the challenge)…
1. Reinvigorate yourself by heading out on a morning run.
2. Organise a brunch date with a pal you haven’t seen in ages.
3. Finish off that book you’ve been reading for weeks.
4. Cross a few tasks off your to-do list and feel great about it.
5. Write a letter to someone special.
6. Pick an interesting and intriguing subject and learn all about it.
7. Call your parents for a catch-up.
8. Give something back by planning a morning of volunteering.
9. Commit a random act of kindness.
10. Sit on the park bench, be still, enjoy the peace and being surrounded by nature.
11. Practice meditation using an app for guidance.
12. Make a new gym/chill out/party playlist.
13. Treat yourself (enjoy a massage, book a pedicure or get your hair done).
14. Sign-up to that class you’ve thought about joining for ages.
15. Sort out your wardrobe and take your unwanted clobber to charity.
16. Roll around with your mates on a Forest Segway Experience.
17. Pick a new recipe and make it for your friends and family.
18. Catch the sunrise with your other half.
19. Plan your next adventure.
20. Start an autumn-themed scrapbook.