Woah! We’re going on an adventure…
Adventures come in all shapes and sizes. They can be scary, fun, thrilling or life-changing (or all of this rolled into one!). They could last a mere few hours, take place over a long weekend, or go on and on for months. They can be embarked on solo, with a partner or a mahoosive tribe. You get the picture, we’re sure!
Anywho…regardless of what kind of summer adventure you’re embarking on next, there are some absolute essentials that certainly warrant a place in that backpack of yours.
Here’s a list of 13 items we simply couldn’t adventure without…
- Portable fan. When the cold tap is nowhere in sight, you can always rely on a battery-powered fan to rid your eyebrows of sweat beads.
- Torch. If you take a wrong turn in the dead of night, this noble accessory will guide you back to base.
- Batteries. Because a portable fan or torch without batteries are pretty darned useless!
- A picture-taking device. Snap away so you can relive memories of your adventure (but don’t forget: look with your EYES first!).
- Your diary (and pen). Taking pics is one thing; jotting down how you felt during your adventure is another. Flick back and read your entries in a few years’ time and it’ll all come flooding back!
- Multitool. All hail, the multitool! Most adventurists simply cannot do without this does-almost-everything device.
- Suncream. Safety first, tribespeople. It’s summer and you don’t want to end your adventure with a beetroot complexion.
- ‘Proofs. What a fool you’d be to assume that there won’t be any rain during your summer adventure. This is England, after all! Pack some ‘proofs for your expedition – they’re worth the additional weight.
- Phone (and portable charger). Stuck in the woods without a phone – is that not the opening scene of many a horror flick? Pack your phone, plus a charger (and hope it has signal if you ever come to need it).
- Water. When that portable fan simply doesn’t do the trick, and for essential hydration during your adventure, make sure you pack water – and plenty of it! Be kind to our planet by opting for a reusable bottle.
- Snacks. What is an adventure without snacks? A hungry one, is what! You don’t want to be distracted during your adventuring by a painful, grumbling stomach, so make sure you load your bag with tasty treats.
- Something warm. You can’t count on our summers to be dry and you can’t count on them to be warm, either. Pack something warm and snuggly if your adventure is likely to last into the evening.
- A travel-size game. If you think your adventure will involve some sitting around, twiddling thumbs, pack some cards or a mini Scrabble and the time will whizz by.